Monday, March 4, 2013

The Many Faces of Spring

The weather today was at its best Colorado... wait 15 minutes and it will change. It was snowing light wispy flakes when I left for school, making me long for a day curled up with a book and cup of coffee. By lunch the sun was out and I almost expected to see tiny green buds on the tree outside my classroom windows. When I checked again there was such a ferocious blizzard with whiteout conditions which made me think we might call school off early, ooh, maybe a chance to get home early. I went to a meeting near the end of the day in a room with no windows and when I came out, the sun was again shinning and the spring sports teams were headed to the baseball field, soccer green and the tennis courts. It sometimes makes a person think they are living in many places all at once. It is never gloomy or cold for too long. Not too windy or cloudy. The sun really does shine almost 300 hundred days a year, well more if you count days like today when it was out at two different times between severe winter weather advisories. In Colorado, it really is very important to always have a window close by because not only is it the best weather man, it can give you minute by minute forecasts.

No comments:

Post a Comment